Monday, February 19, 2018

February 30 in 30 Days- Day 19

Gold Finch
Watercolor 11 X 15

This is the second painting from the Elaine Charney workshop. We carefully painted the finch first and then added the loose background. I kept my background green so that the bird wouldn't be lost but in the original photo the background is quite golden brown and the bird disappears. An artist can make these choices, leave things out or add things. It's all part of the creative process. That's the difference between painting and photography. Each painting in the class was so varied, yet from the same photo. We all see things differently. 

2 comments:

  1. Really a good one Jan. You know? I don't remember seeing your watercolors, and if I did it might have been a long time ago.
    Yes, we are getting close , and I think I might paint PEARS ! again!
    I'm certainly having my fill of small paintings. Keep going , your doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, come on Jan, step it up. lol .. I just posted, and this morning was a real CHALLENGE...Not kidding.. I guess we have ten more to go... Yikes ..

    ReplyDelete

Followers