Sunday, July 12, 2020

A New Life!

Let's Go Fly A Kite
ll X 14 Acrylic on canvas

Yes, I'm still alive and well! I have been painting and making collages but I have not been very good at taking pictures and putting them on my blog. 

This painting is for my new great-granddaughter who was born on July 7th. We are so happy to welcome Brynley Miller to the family. She's the most beautiful baby in the world, of course, and I can't wait to see her in person. The pandemic has caused disruption in all kinds of activities, hasn't it? Even meeting new family members.

I struggled with this painting because I was going from an idea and not from an actual picture. Then, is any artist completely happy with any of their paintings? Sometimes you just have to release it to the world with a sigh and stop questioning yourself!
The important thing was that it was painted with a lot of love. 

The rest of the time I have continued to work small since I have limited studio space. I finally got everything photographed and will try to post more often. 

Did you know that July is World Watercolor Month? Get out those watercolors and paint away!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, girl I’m glad to hear your alive and well. Me Too ! Not easy, but if we want to hang around we’ll have to work at it.
    Congratulations on your new great granddaughter. What an sweet painting .
    I’ll have to write you an email soon. You take care.

    ReplyDelete

Followers