Saturday, February 03, 2018

February 30 in 30 Days Day 3

Bloomin'
Liquid Watercolor on paper 10.5 X 7

The third try in my wet in wet liquid watercolor experiment sort of ran together. After it dried I did some quick outlining with pen and ink and I like the effect for this piece. Just another way to make it work. The liquid yellow that I used for the centers is more opaque so that it didn't run. I was very pleased with the result because I had put the purple centers in first and I thought that maybe I'd be making mud by adding yellow on top. Since it was opaque, it just sat there and didn't mix with the purple at all. I call that a happy accident. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, I looked for you on the site, and couldn't find you, ...
    But now that I know you have dug in... I'll find you..
    This one is beautiful...
    We can do it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great save!! This caught my eye right off. Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers