Sunday, February 04, 2018

February 30 in 30 Days, Day 4

Together
Liquid Watercolor on Yupo
13.5 X 10.5

Now I have really ventured into the unknown. I have worked with regular watercolor and also acrylic ink on Yupo synthetic paper, but I had not tried the liquid pigments. I knew I wanted to put some impressionistic figures in the painting but I had never done that before either. This is how I learn, by trying. The wonderful thing about Yupo is that if you don't like the first results you can wash it off and have a "do-over". I did this until I got something that was at least acceptable to me. I discovered the more I played with it, the more messed up it got so I quit and let it dry, then sprayed it several times with fixative so that I couldn't keep trying to "fix" it. I will revisit this technique in the future, it's fun to do something different. There's something about the 30 in 30 Days that gives me the freedom to try a new thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers