Tuesday, July 06, 2010
After looking at the photo of my last post I decided I needed a few more artichoke shapes in my painting. So I added the one in the upper right corner and also two more in the left lower corner. The last one is barely visible as a negative shape right now. I wanted to establish what my darkest dark was going to be so now it's sticking out like a sore thumb but it will fit in as I add more dark areas to the painting. (It's good to have a positive attitude about these things even if I am suppressing the urge to go to the sink and wash it out.) I'm starting to get excited about this painting now, and I hope I have time to work on it this week. The house is empty this week except for my husband and me for a couple of days so I have no excuse.