Sunday, January 23, 2011
I made a few adjustment to the Iris painting. I toned down the dark streak on the left side and the stenciling in the corners. I used a watersoluble Neocolor II by Caran d'arche. These are like opaque crayons that are watersoluble and work well to mute areas that need adjusting. I used a white and pale pink and smeared them with a damp brush. I made some highlights in other areas in the same way but they are hard to distinguish on this small photo. I also added some collage calligraphy and a butterfly on the right to repeat the bright pink on the left. The changes are subtle but I'm happy with the results.