Sunday, February 08, 2009

Banners and Kites


I have another experimental piece to show you. On this one the paper was covered with a product called Watercolor Wash Out Tape. It's a clear tape that will not tear the paper when it is removed. After I covered the paper I used a rotary cutting tool to cut out the banner shapes then I removed them. I could then paint in those spaces while the tape was still on the negative spaces, keeping them white. After the paint was dry, I removed all the remaining tape and decided what needed changing. That was when I decided to add the 3 kite shapes. The yellow streamers were part of the original design. It's a different way of working; we were given the opportunity to use the tape and rotary cutters in the Jean Grastorf workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo

I started watercolor painting earnestly in 1991 after I moved to Florida. My husband and I are retired, and we are both artists. We both have works displayed  at the Wildchild Gallery in Matlacha Florida.