Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Gallery with Happy Colors


The gallery owner, Peggy McTeague, wanted a picture of her gallery painted and printed on card stock. I painted the front of the WildChild Gallery from a picture that I took since to sit in the street and paint would be a very dangerous thing to do. I painted it on paper with acrylic paint. I wanted to try to paint with acrylics in a watercolor style. It was an interesting experiment and I think it worked out quite well. You may wonder at the bright exterior color. This is a common thing to do in this area; it's a Caribbean influence, I think. The brightness of the sun seems to beg for bright colors. Dark earth tones just wouldn't do. People show up in their blacks and tans from the North and before you know it, they are sporting colorful outfits, too.

1 comment:

  1. oh yes, very happy colors, and yes I know what you mean about them.

    ReplyDelete

Followers