Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spring

Ink Iris
I finally got a taste of a non-tropical spring while visiting our daughter in Portland, Oregon. She had beautiful iris in her garden that were begging to be sketched. I did this one with an Elegant Writer, a calligraphy pen that is not permanent. When you touch water to it you can get lovely shading and even some variation in color.
While we were there we went to the Portland Rose Garden and even though most of the roses were not quite ready to bloom, there were a few early ones that were stunning. With all the photos I took I'll have a lot of references to work with.

2 comments:

  1. This is delicate and beautiful. I've yet to try watercolor with soluble ink. Always a bit afraid of that - I'll have to try. Thanks for thinking of me at the airport. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Iris! I enjoy your work- you truly do embody the spirit of joyful. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog today. I've always enjoyed your comments on Kathy's (Cartwright)blog as well.

    ReplyDelete

Followers