Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Few Adjustments


Iris, 15x22
I made a few adjustment to the Iris painting. I toned down the dark streak on the left side and the stenciling in the corners. I used a watersoluble Neocolor II by Caran d'arche. These are like opaque crayons that are watersoluble and work well to mute areas that need adjusting. I used a white and pale pink and smeared them with a damp brush. I made some highlights in other areas in the same way but they are hard to distinguish on this small photo. I also added some collage calligraphy and a butterfly on the right to repeat the bright pink on the left. The changes are subtle but I'm happy with the results.

1 comment:

  1. I can see the difference and it works fabulously! Of course, it was gorgeous before too. I did not know watercolor could be corrected. Makes me think I should try using it again.
    I love the shading and tone in your work. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo

I started watercolor painting earnestly in 1991 after I moved to Florida. My husband and I are retired, and we are both artists. We both have works displayed  at the Wildchild Gallery in Matlacha Florida.