Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh the Weather Outside...



                                       Coconut Palm acrylic on yupo 12x15

...is frightful, so that song goes. Maybe in some parts of the world it is but here in Florida beautiful, warm weather greets us each morning. Not that we don't get an occasional "cold snap", perhaps even some freezing, but that's not the norm. I painted this palm while sitting outside the gallery a few weeks ago. The parking lot did not make a very good background so why not a beach instead? I used my liquid acrylics like watercolor to get the loose, watery effect along with a quick spray of water. On a cold and dreary winter day come and sit under my palm in the sun.

1 comment:

  1. I like your palm tree...is almost seems to have holiday lights twinkling in it! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers