Tuesday, January 22, 2013

After Chiuly #18

                                                          After Chiuly
                                                     Watercolor 7 1/2 x 11


Chiuly's Blue Bowl, Interior

Over the Christmas Holidays we were able to visit the Chiuly Glass Garden in Seattle Washington with our daughter and son-in-law. The arrangements of blown glass objects, the colors, the lighting were all a feast for the eyes. There aren't enough adjectives to adequately describe it. I took many pictures with the idea of interpreting some of the works, especially the colors in watercolor. I'm pretty happy with my first attempt, I like the way the colors ran but I need to find a darker blue that will react to the water in the same way that the pthalo blue does. This painting is  #18 in the 30 Day Challenge.



r





1 comment:

Followers