Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Painting Large

                             Message In An Aquarium
                Watercolor and collage, 22X30


We were encouraged to paint larger paintings at the Florida Watercolor Society convention last September. I have balked at the idea in the past because of the lack of space in my studio and the expense of framing a full sheet painting. But, I decided I was tired of having my small paintings hung in the corner so many times. I took the plunge and painted a full sheet painting. Not my first but the  first in a long time. I started with the background with lots of textural materials, papers, gauze and stamps then added the fish shapes when it was dry. I like the path of light from top to bottom with the implied connections to each side. It was fun to do and now I must get to the framing. Then on to another full sheet painting.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Congrats on going large! I think the largest I ever went in watercolor was 1/2 sheet - and that seemed so big!

    Thanks for the tip about Google Chrome - it worked!

    ReplyDelete

Followers