Monday, May 13, 2013

Collaging

    Paris Lady 
4 X 6 collage on mat board


The past couple of weeks I've been making little collages on 4 X 6 pieces of mat board. It's been loads of fun and has really sparked my creative juices. I have so many papers stockpiled it's about time I used them. Most of them are papers that I have purchased, and napkins. I also have pictures I have copied on my printer such as the one in this collage and papers that I have painted. 

Leaf and Dragonflies
4 X 6 Collage with acrylic

This is one of my favorites, I love using the leaf skeletons and who doesn't like dragonflies? The paper on the bottom is something I colored with watercolor, the top is a commercial paper with threads sewn into it. I used a dimensional gold acrylic to embellish the dragonfly and the top. 

Life Is Not Measured
6 x 6 collage with ink and acrylic

I loved this quote that I found on a pack of napkins so I built my collage around it. The olive branch reminds me of the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem and the butterfly is often a symbol of new life, moments that take my breath away.   





2 comments:

  1. I love these! I'm such a fan of collage art - and these are exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know the way I stopped up here, but I assumed this submit was once good. I don't understand who you're however definitely you're going to a well-known blogger when
    you are not already. Cheers!

    Look at my web blog - garcinia cambogia review

    ReplyDelete

Followers