Friday, November 22, 2013

Three Little Abstracts

 Abstract Collage Sunset



 Abstract Collage With Face and R



Abstract Collage With Face


These abstracts are only 3.5 X 4.5 to fit in a 5 X 7 mat and frame. They are all made without regular adhesives and are pressed together with a heat sealing iron. I love being able to lay out my collage and move the papers around, then, when I've decided it's just the way I want it, I heat up the iron and press it together. The next step is to rub a little compatible acrylic color over it with a baby wipe. This gives it a thin coat that unifies the piece. Almost all the papers are altered or colored by hand so I can always find the colors that I like to work with because I've made them myself.
I've also been taking a class in painting abstracts in acrylics. If I get a "good one" I'll post it too.

1 comment:

  1. I love your work. I used to do a lot of collage a few years ago and it's much harder than it looks.

    I noticed that you signed up for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge. I'm one of the challenge artists too. My name is Sea Dean. Isn't it exciting she's doing it again?

    If you want to limber up for it, I'm currently running a less stressful ART PARTY over at my blog. You can post any painting that fits the theme, any day till December 24th. Each daily link is open for posting for 24 hours. If you don't want to post you can have fun voting for your favourites.

    Hope to see you there.

    Sign up with instructions is here
    http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/2013/11/gifts-and-decorations-art-party-begins.html

    Once you register you can post your work any day here
    http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers