Monday, September 08, 2014

Day Eight, Before and After

Landscape, Day 8




Heron Lake, Day 8-revised
Collage, 4.5 X 6.5 in 8 X 10 mat

As I looked at this collage I felt that it needed something. So, I looked through my images for image transfer and thought the heron was just the thing. The size and scale was right and it fit the feel of the piece. To transfer an image I coated the printed image with several coats of gloss or gel medium and allowed it to dry. I cut it as close to the image as I could, placed it face down on my artwork and fused it with the iron. Then I rubbed the excess paper off with a small, damp cloth. What is left is the printed image on the layer of medium minus the paper. I first learned about the process in a Golden Paints workshop, I think they have tutorials on line if you want to know more. Just search "acrylic transfers".

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful tip - and this turned out just super! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a delightful day. Good luck in your endeavors with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Followers