Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Watercolor Workshop

On February 18, 19 and 20 I took a watercolor workshop with a wonderful watercolorist, Maggie Mc Clellen. Painting someone else's subject in their style and mode of painting is always a learning experience, especially when the style of painting is a little different from your own. I always enjoy it, even if it does stretch me. For a painter you can't complain about 3 days of doing something you love. The first day we watched Maggie's manner of painting as she demonstrated painting an old fishing boat. Then we attempted to do the same. At the end of the day I had my version, and Maggie had hers. And that's why she's the teacher and I'm not! Still, for a first time, it's an acceptable painting. If you are not learning anything, why attend a workshop?


My boat painting
Watercolor 15X22

Maggie Mc Clellen's painting
Watercolor 15 X 22

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Jan you did just great on this and I see it's on a good size sheet ,.. always a problem for me , painting large.
    Workshops? Will I ever get tired of talkin about the Janet Hicks workshop I took in 2014. Hardly..
    thanks for the email. Yes, I don't deserve it, but He does take care of me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers