Saturday, November 26, 2016

Drama Queen

Drama Queen
Collage, 4 X 6

Drama queens, we all know them; sometimes we get sucked into their vortex even when we try hard not to. Then we are left dizzy, wondering what happened to us. Then there are times when we get a little to dramatic ourselves! Time to take a deep breath and stop spinning. That's what this collage reminded me off. It's the busy paper around her head and the stance with hand on hip. You know she's about to get into it, time to leave the room! 
She's made of hand painted brown paper with a little glitter spray and painted tissue. It has brads and a stamped figure and words. It's coated with clear acrylic and UV varnish. 
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day with as little drama as possible!

2 comments:

  1. Jan, what I like about your work is that you always have a story with it ,,, your so creative and imaginative .
    Had a very nice Thanksgiving here in Tallahassee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an educator, I work with women primarily, so I have encountered a couple of drama queens throughout my career. Your collage captured the feeling of being around one perfectly. Sorry it took me so long to reciprocate to your comment... Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Followers