Sunday, March 18, 2018

Abstract Landscape

Abstract Landscape
12 X 18 Acrylic on paper

I'm still going to an abstract class on Saturday mornings. This is a work in progress, but it's in my attempt at something non-tropical, having a more southwestern feel. It looks quite pink in the picture, instead of the soft orange I was going for. Acrylic color mixing is so different from watercolor, it takes a lot of adjustment. It's quite the learning curve. 
I thought I'd post it anyway, before the day and then the week gets away from me. I miss that push of the 30 in 30, that really gets my juices flowing. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jan, since the 30 in 30 we both have taken a turn to do something else... You with this abstract and so very good. You know I'm not a big fan of abstract but I do like color and I think you'll be very good at it. You've always managed to put color together .
    As for me I don't know what happened .. I was inspired by some paintings I'd seen in a gallery here in Tallahassee. However it ended with the inspiration and I decided to 'do my own thing'
    So every bit of it is coming from my head, people, plants, flowers birds, everything... I don't have to worry that I'm using someones photo.
    This might have been coming for a while as it was getting harder and harder to really like something I was painting.
    But for now I'm enjoying this as a series until I get tired of it.. I want to open a second Etsy because these are so far and away from anything I have done/.. What do you think?
    Jan thanks much for your encouragement ... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes me awhile to get back to the blog but I get your comments on my email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Followers