Monday, April 23, 2018

Flamingo Collage

Flamingo 
Acrylic and Collage

I don't know how time can disappear like it does. I have a hard time keeping up with the blog these days. That said, on with the painting. This is a do-over. It was an all acrylic painting of a flamingo on a full sheet of watercolor paper. After languishing in a frame for more than a year I decided to take it out and collage on it. My inspiration is Elizabeth St Hilaire, who does this type of collage. I love her work! I decided to crop the Flamingo into a smaller format, picked out some papers that were mostly manufactured plus a couple of hand painted papers and cut and tore pieces to cover the whole bird. It was quite a challenge but fun. Everything is adhered with acrylic mat medium. I left the original background because I like how it was done in a loose, drippy, transparent manner.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, love this pink flamingo and what you did with it..
    I have a watercolor flamingo in the exact position, hasn't sold in over a year. I should probably do something like this to it..
    writing you an em.

    ReplyDelete

Followers