Wednesday, September 26, 2018

What I Learned

Moonlight Serenade
Collage 10 X 10

I did another collage with my lady in the Klempt style dress. I must admit that while I have a general idea of what I will put together with the colors and theme, after I get going it evolves into a life of it's own. I find I need something for this space, or I need to tone down that and add a little more of this. It is so unlike planning and painting a watercolor. 

My lady was an acrylic transfer and was rather ghost-like when it was applied. She disappeared into the dark background. So, I had to paint over most of her with acrylic so she could be seen. The take away from this was, acrylic transfers must be placed on a lighter background. My "aha moment". Some things are taught better by experience! 


1 comment:

  1. Jan, I just love your art when it has women or birds in them.. ! You are so creative. I love that she's holding the moon.

    I'm getting ready to switch from oils to acrylics, not that I want to, but I can't use oils any more..finding the mess, the smells mostly are giving me a headache. The fact that I live in a one room studio apartment doesn't help.. Live, eat, sleep, compute, tv, paint doesn't help much.

    ReplyDelete

Followers