Sunday, November 25, 2018

A Gift for a Granddaughter

Jenny's Gift
Acrylic on Canvas 16 X 20


Our oldest grandchild, Jenny, just got married the end of October. She said she would like an abstract painting, something mostly blue 14 to 16 inches. After looking in some decorator magazines and remembering some paintings I saw in model homes the trend seems to be a soft blending of color. So I got out my acrylics and had fun blending paint on the canvas. I used cobalt and Pthalo blue with a lot of white, added a little bit of light green and metallic copper for the compliment. If you look closely you'll see that there are two areas of texture which is glass bead gel. I covered the whole thing with an iridescent medium to give it a lovely sheen. Unfortunately that does not show up on the picture. Hope she likes it!

1 comment:

  1. Very ethereal and calming; you've managed the blending beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Followers