Friday, November 09, 2018

Travel Time Art

Banana Blossom
Sketch book painting

I was able to do one painting while I was in Hawaii. We were with family for a wedding so there was lots of activity and very little time for getting out the watercolors or sketchbook. This was painted from a picture I took at the Garden of Eden on Maui. Bananas form from the top or stem of the blossom and continue as the stem grows. So this blossom will get smaller as more bananas form on the top. Really an unusual plant. After a stalk produces fruit it dies and new shoots come up from the base of the plant. Hawaii's climate seems to be perfect for bananas as well as pineapple and many other tropical fruits. There is a 6 hour time difference between Florida and Hawaii, I'm just getting adjusted after a week being back. It's good to be home! 

2 comments:

  1. love banana flowers, such great color, which you captured here.
    I'm amazed you were able to paint at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a banana plant growing. What a beautiful and interesting sketch. Hope you get rested up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Followers