Tuesday, January 01, 2019

A Meditation


Be Still and Listen
Acrylic on paper mounted on gallery canvas
16 X 20

This painting puts me in a meditative mood. It's very peaceful to look at, the colors are calm and soothing. It's coated with an iridescent medium which adds a sheen and makes it very difficult to photograph well. You know how your blood pressure seems to drop and your cares fall away when you are at a place where you can look at a body of water? That is the feeling I tried to capture in this painting. All you need to do is be still and listen; listen to that inner voice that is drowned out by the hustle of life. 

1 comment:

  1. Jan, very calming indeed.. Leave it to you to be so diverse. I love that you try all this 'stuff'..
    New Year is over, I'm looking forward to this year. Watercolors at home, and a once a week oil class at the Center in Tallahassee. Nice people and it give me a chance to use oils without smelling up my place.
    Have a wonderful New Year and stay as creative as you are.
    Barbra Joan

    ReplyDelete

Followers