Friday, December 12, 2008

The Christmas season


Everywhere you go you see evidence of the Christmas season. There are decorations in stores and homes, there is music of the season on the radio, endless ads on every TV channel and I'm getting a few Christmas cards in the mail everyday. I have painted a Christmas card again this year. It was just a quick warm up painting for a class I was in but when I got it home and tweaked it a little, I thought it would do quite nicely. Poinsettias are one area where Florida shines at Christmas. Many people put their plants out in the landscaping after Christmas and enjoy them year after year because they do so well in this climate. We don't have snow for the traditional white Christmas but we have lots of poinsettias.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers