Friday, October 14, 2011

A Swan Afternoon

                                          Swan Afternoon Watercolor 15x22

It feels really good to be able to paint regularly again! I started this painting last spring with the drawing from a photo that I took. I did a little painting on it this summer and finally finished it (I think) this week. I was really fortunate that the liquid mask that I put on at the beginning, several months ago, didn't ruin the paper when I took it off. I only masked the sparkles in the water and a little bit on the head and neck, the rest I just painted around. I think it would be fun to do something more interesting with the water but for now I think I'll leave it and go on to another.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how to get rid of the white background behind the text that I put in by accident! Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I never even noticed it because I was so taken by your beautiful swan!!!

    If you go back to your post and edit you will see across the top menu and next to the right of the big A an option called "background color" where you click on it to change it to the correct color.

    ReplyDelete

Followers