Wednesday, February 15, 2012

                             Batik Pink Orchids 11x13, watercolor batik

This is my second painting that I did using the wax batik method. It's painted on kenwashi paper which is thin and has a lot of threads visible in it. It was painted over a year ago but I just got it framed for the last show, hoping for a sale but it's still with me.
I have another workshop to participate in this week. It's being taught by Sue Pink. Sue does interesting abstracts on paper using acrylics and watercolor and a whole list of supplies which I have yet to assemble. So this post will be short for now. Look for some new material soon!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! this is so pretty, and good for you for going out there and trying all sorts of techniques. Something I should do more often.
    BJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these colors....it's a wonderful idea and i have some in my studio so am off to give it a try! thanks for the inspire!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers