Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Day 1, Brilliant Sunset

Brilliant Sunset
Watercolor on yupo, 10 X 12

I am going to be participating in the 30 day daily painting challenge again this year. It's a good way to get back into a painting routine after the holidays. The big challenge for me right now is learning to do my post on a new tablet. My laptop got a bug and is in for repairs so it has made me learn how to take pictures, download an app for editing, edit, post it on the blog and write the blog on a touch screen.  Yikes! That's a lot for a lady my age. But, I did it! 
The painting is my memory of the wonderful sunsets we see here in Florida, with water reflections and, of course, a palm tree. Watery reflections are fun to do on yupo since it's such a slick synthetic paper the juiciness of the water doesn't soak in, it just dries on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers