Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 11- Messages

Messages
Collage 10 X 10

This collage is made mostly from altered magazine pages with the exception of the paper with script on it. I love putting script in my collages, it's unreadable up still recognizable for what it is. It lends a human touch to an otherwise abstract piece. It is all coated with gloss acrylic medium before being adhered by heat to the paper underneath. Acrylic is added to the torn edges and there are touches of red from an Inktense pencil. If you look closely you can see some dragonflies which were added last. 

Close up of dragonflies



4 comments:

  1. Day 22, LOL, that gave me a fright - thought I had fallen into an exhausted stupor and missed several days postings!
    This is fabulous, so fablous I am just going to stare at it for half an hour. Don't mind me, sitting here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for alerting me to my typo, hit 22 instead of 11! You are so kind.

      Delete
  2. Love text on collages, one of my favorite things and dragonflies have a big place in my heart.
    When my son was very young , he came in one day to tell me he'd seen a dragonfly
    "this big" .. LOL He stretched his arms out full length.I couldn't stop laughing. I still smile when I see a dragonfly.
    " How big Louis?" " This biiiiggggggg !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Janet! I love what you've done with all the elements and how you have explained your process.

    ReplyDelete

Followers