Monday, January 19, 2015

Day 19- An Old Love

Blue Grotto
Acrylic Ink on Yupo, 5 X 7

After working and struggling with Alcohol Ink I decided to go back to an old love of mine, Acrylic Ink on Yupo. I used to do a lot of these just for the fun of watching the ink move around on the slick Yupo. I add water to the surface first, drop in the ink, move it around, spray it, drip it, and then just let it do it's thing. After a big piece dries, I find the things I like in it and just cut that section out. Or, working on a small piece, limit the colors and watch it develop. If I'm feeling less adventurous, I allow layers to dry and then can paint one on top of the other. I think I prefer it to the alcohol inks because it dries more slowly and I can manipulate it more. 

2 comments:

  1. I must try this, the results (in your hands) are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this one looks like a beautiful morning glory .
    and your still going strong ... good for you..
    Your gonna make it !

    ReplyDelete

Followers