Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Windmill of My Mind

Windmill of My Mind
Acrylic on paper 15 X 22

This is from the abstract class I took earlier in the summer. The assignment was to work in shades of black and white. The windmill shape just sort of came together, I didn't have anything in particular in mind, I was just painting shapes. At the end, I liked the composition and I added the yellow accents, just because. It's so freeing to just put paint to paper and not follow a photo or a still life. I just concentrated on making shapes and marks that pleased me. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Yes! Jan ... It's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jan I saw this a few days ago, and didn't have time to comment at the moment .. As usual you are always so brave to try new things and this was certainly worth it. I like the size for this..

    ReplyDelete

Followers