Monday, September 30, 2019

Art Projects

A Heart of Love
Watercolor 6.5 X 4.5

Every other week I teach an art class at Lifeline Family Center (lifelinefamilycenter.org). I need to have a project that can be finished in two hours and is easy enough for young women who may not have had much opportunity to use art materials. It's been a challenge. Collage and watercolor projects are good choices because they can be done fairly well with good instructions. This idea came from a book by Gina Lee King, Fast Fun Watercolors. I've used several ideas from her book. The background is scribbled with a white wax crayon leaving resist marks. Then the background color is painted and let dry. Next the heart is drawn with the love and bird. The heart is painted and sprinkled with Brusho Crystal Color and spritzed with a fine mister. After this dries the "love" is put in with gold gauche and the bird is painted. With the help of a hair dryer we were able to complete this and the students were happy with the results. Off they went and I didn't get a picture of their paintings, which often happens.

2 comments:

  1. Well Jan, it's been a while, but I see your still a busy lady.. This was a great project for the ladies your teaching..
    Thanks for coming by. It was good to see you. I'm not on the blog as much as I used to be or as much as I'd like to be.. Hope your doing well .
    Barbra Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I’m ok, and will write an email tomorrow. How nice of you to think of me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers