Saturday, January 11, 2014

Day 11 Shadow Exercise

Shadow Exercise
Watercolor

This is the first painting we did yesterday for the Jack Nolan Workshop that I'm taking at the Cape Coral Art League this weekend. It was an exercise in light and shadow. We chose the direction of our light source and placement of shadows. Each painting was different, even though we all painted the same subject, depending on what time of day we were depicting. I like the long shadows of early morning and late afternoon. I'm enjoying the switch back to watercolor for the time being. It's been awhile, and I needed this simple exercise to get back to familiarizing myself with the paint to water ratio that is needed for this medium. Things improved as the day went on, thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers