Monday, January 06, 2014

Day 5 Checkered Past

Checkered Past 
Collage 4.5 X 4.5

This is the collage for Day 5 of the 30 day challenge, which was yesterday. I wasn't happy with this collage yesterday so I delayed posting it until I could decide what to do with it. Today I thought that I would add the circles (when in doubt add circles?)and I do like the way the circles sort of bring it together. Most of the papers I have made myself except for the upper left corner, the checkers and the text which are printed. The rest are painted tissue paper or papers that have been altered in some way. They are fused together by being heat set. 

1 comment:

  1. Really like this collage! I love to use circles in my paintings, too, and they can be quite significant for me at times. I like the 'balance' of your darks and lights, and the way the circles emphasize a focal point here.

    ReplyDelete

Followers