Sunday, January 03, 2016

Day 3, Grow An Old Friend

Grow An Old Friend
Collage/Mixed Media 6 X 6 

As I look through my collection of papers I look for things that spark the ideas that will make up the collage. One of my papers has different sayings about friends and friendships. This one was the spark I needed for another collage. "It takes a long time to grow and old friend." What else takes a long time to grow but a tree? Not only does it take a long time, for both but also patience, nurturing, and the investment  of  resources. Some of my old friends are still in my life, strong and steadfast as a tree. We've grown together and weathered storms and seasons. I am grateful.

I used altered magazine pages and printed papers fused to 140 lb. watercolor paper; all sealed with acrylic gloss medium and UV varnish ready for a frame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers