Monday, January 04, 2016

Day 4, Fleur de Lis

Fleur de Lis
Collage/Mixed Media 6 X 6

This little collage and I aren't friends yet. I'm a not sure about it because it feels unfinished. I'm thinking the fleur de lis needs to be black which will be hard to do because it is already fastened to the collage. I like the color combinations with the neutral grey in the middle, the strings from the string paper is interesting, perhaps they need trimming; but once I do that I can't go back. Maybe it needs more circles.
These are all the questions I ask myself before I let go of a piece I am working on. Some of them almost fly together and are done before I know it, others seem to take awhile; just like any other piece of art whether it's a painting or a drawing. These little daily works are good practice for me, I'm loving giving myself permission to make one every day. 
I used hand painted paper and tissue, printed envelope, altered magazine and a copy of Italian marbled paper. They have been coated with gloss medium, fused to a watercolor substrate and coated with UV varnish ready to frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers