Sunday, February 18, 2018

February 30 in 30 Days-Day 18

Sailboats Returning
Watercolor 11 X 15

Yesterday I completed a three day workshop with Elaine Charney. She's an accomplished artist from Sarasota, Florida. The workshop was at the Cape Coral Art League in Cape Coral, Florida. There were 10 students so we had a lot of one on one assistance when needed and plenty of room to spread out. 
This is one of the paintings from the first day. We painted wet, loose and fast. I love painting that way so it was a treat for me. Those who like to paint more slowly and methodically were challenged. 
We began this painting by wetting the paper and painting a halo of light leaving a bright center. Yellow on the inside, red next and then blue on the outer edges. When that was dry we put in the tree line and the boats. A very fun and simple painting but very effective with techniques that can be used in a variety of situations. 

2 comments:

  1. Jan, this is really beautiful.. You should be doing more watercolor..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had a good teacher and reference. I began in watercolor and I still love it. I have this twitchy personality that wants to try new stuff all the time. I can't just stay with one thing very long. I always go back to watercolor though.

      Delete

Followers