Saturday, February 24, 2018

February 30 in 30 Days- Day 24

Little Green Heron
Watercolor 5.5 X 7.5

My painting got a little more detailed in the background on this one but it sort of frames the bird so I decided to leave it alone. Sometimes when I look at my photo I get carried away by the literal. I could improve this painting by making the background behind the head darker so that it becomes the focus as it should. It takes time away from a painting in order to see the obvious. I've known artists who have taken a painting out of a frame to "fix" it, maybe more than once. Ah, well, 6 more to go.

1 comment:

  1. Good 'stuff' Jan. We're still in there. Amazing!
    But it has put me into a painting mood. I hope to carry it on to some larger work. That's really my goal after all this.
    lol! pray for me. lol

    ReplyDelete

Followers